Sunday, April 20, 2008

Photo Session 2 and Tricks

Today we've done a few training sessions, including the one at the track with my neighbor this morning. He had to work for his breakfast this morning, so I had Toby do a 'free' training session. I wanted to build up the amount of behaviors he was offering me... so I started by clicking his lip lick (we're teaching Yummy!) and then stopped, he decided I wanted a paw whack (trying to shape his shake into a wave...), did a few of those and I stopped. That's when his brain started thinking. He switched paws, pressed his head to the ground (a new one started this morning, will be called: Are you sleepy?), then ran out of ideas so he sprang to a stand. Then a bow. Back up. Shuffling steps (I've been trying to capture his hind legs lifting for some hind leg awareness... apparently he's decided I've been clicking for a taking a few steps in whatever direction suits him... hmm...). Nose targeted his kennel, me, the ladder, and moved back up the list. A well earned breakfast, if I do say so myself.

For the second half of his breakfast I moved down stairs and got Reba hers and had them both run through tricks they already knew in exchange for breakfast.

It's almost dinner time and I intend to have them earn at least part of their dinner... just haven't figured out on what. Reba will probably continue with her hand touch training (as I want that on cue...), and Toby... either his bow or his lip lick as I need to get those two on cues. I'm notorious for training a million different behaviors and never naming them. My poor dogs.

I just got done from doing a second photo session in the backyard (just me and Toby, Reba was snoozing). Here are my favorites:


Him and the neighbor's dog (one of his play buddies) were talking through the fence.And well just for kicks...

No comments: